General knowledge Quiz With Answers to play with friends
1) Streptomyces is an effective antibiotic. Who discovered this antibiotic?
Answer: Waksman (USA).
2) What is the average Bouguer anomaly for the ocean as a whole?
3) Pyloric constriction is present in between:
Answer: Stomach and intestine.
4) The prosperity of Mesopotamia depended on:
Answer: Foreign trade.
5) Who was the first Caliph?
Answer: Abu Bakr.
6) The rulers who banned Christianity in Japan in the 17th century?
Answer: Tokugawa rulers.
7) The year in which G.D.R began building the ‘notorious’ Berlin wall?
Answer: 1961 (August 13).
8) The first President of the U.S.A.:
Answer: George Washington.
9) Which battle in the Second World War was a turning point?
Answer: The battle of Stalingrad.
10) The Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca tribes formed a powerful confederacy of North American Indian tribes who fought for the British against the French. What were these tribes collectively called?
Answer: The Iroquois.
11) Name the plain which forms by filling up of lakes:
Answer: Lacustrine plain.
12) Which canal is the busiest one in the world?
Answer: Kiel Canal, Germany.
13) These Indian States have a boundary with Nepal. Which states?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Sikkim.
14) Name the highest active volcano in Europe?
Answer: Mount Etna, Italy.
15) “Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a Kiss” whose supplication is this?
Answer: Doctor Faustus.
16) Into what does the Mississippi empty?
Answer: The Gulf of Mexico.
17) Which city in the U.S has banned the largest number of books on moral grounds?
18) What is Mount Isa famous for?
19) Who for the first time prepared a map depicting India?
Answer: Eratosthenes in 3rd century B.C.
20) Who used the term ‘Consumption Capital for consumer’s goods?
Answer: Alfred Marshall.
21) What is the full form of APPLE?
Answer: Ariane Passenger Payload Experiment.
22) Only two films in the history of Hollywood have won all the top Oscar awards, namely best film, best director, best screenplay, best actor, and best actress. Which are they and who are the directors?
Answer: It happened one night directed by Frank Capra and One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest directed by Milos Forman.
23) Harindranath Chattopadhyay the late actor was related to w h i c h historical figure?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu was his sister.
24) How many times does UNO general assembly meet in a year?
Answer: Only one time.
25) For what discovery Wilhelm Röntgen won the Nobel Prize?
26) Who won the women’s marathon gold in Atlanta Olympics ‘96?
Answer: Fatuma Roba (Ethiopia).
27) One of the greatest football players of Europe (Belgium) retired in 1995. Name him:
Answer: Michel Preud’homme.
28) Who was the CEAT international cricketer of 2005-2006?
Answer: Ricky Ponting.
29) Name the Wimbledon Champion (men’s) in 1998:
Answer: Pete Sampras (USA).
30) In which European country is the city Strasbourg?